Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Williams' trade off
- between present reproduction and future
- BOTH survival to breed again
- reproduction next time if you survived
- did a Lack like experiment manipulating egg number
- males defend eggs against predators
- found that if he increased the egg number, the dad's survival to next year decreases and vice-versa
- studied mouth brooding cichlids in Israel
- 2 treatments, mom keeps eggs vs eggs taken away
- found that the ones that had eggs removed had a higher egg # than the ones that kept their eggs
- mom's survival did not appear to be affected, but they were in a hatchery where survival is maximized
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview