Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe 3 parts of cell theory.
- All organisms are one or more cells
- The cell is the basic unit of structure for all organisms
- All cells arise only from pre-existing cells
What are the 4 basic characteristics of living cells?
- Surrounded by membrane
- Contains nucleus
- Contains organelles
- Cytoplasm fills space between organelles and membrane
What are the 3 domains of life?
What the the 4 kingdoms of eukaryotes?
Describe the germ theory.
Theory that microorganisms exist and reproduce other microorganisms
Outline Koch's 4 postulates on infectious diseases.
- Organism must be present in each case of the disease
- Organism can be isolate from host and pure culture grown
- Same disease reproduced when pure culture inoculated in health host
- Organism can be removed from experimental host after disease develops
List 4 major constituents of biological macromolecules.
- Amino acids
- Fatty acids
List constituent(s) of protiens.
Amino acids (20)
List constituent(s) of Nucleic acids.
- Phosphate group
- Nitrogenous base
List constituent(s) of polysaccharides.
Saccharide monomers, ie glucose
List 3 types of lipids and their constituent(s).
- Triglycerols - glycerol and 3 fatty acids
- Phospholipids - phosphate group and 2 fatty acids
- Steriods - 4 ringed backbone
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview