Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
random association between alleles at 2 loci in a population
chromosome frequencies will not change from generation to generation under HWE
chromosome frequencies will change from generation to generation under HWE
- nonrandom statistical association between alleles at 2 loci
- can be quantified
- dont require physical linkage
causes of linkage disequilibrium
- genetic drift
- selection for alleles ar different loci
- population mixtures with different allele frequency
- new mutation
reduction of linkage disequilibrium
- recombination in double heterozygotes
- decays exponentially as function of c and time
2 ways selection as a cause of linkage disequilibrium
- 1. selection favoring particulr 2 locus genotypes
- 2. selection on a single locus makes linkage disequilibrium worse for a second locus
linkage disequilibrium decreases with...
distance between loci
the closer the loci the higher the linkage disequilibrium due to genetic drift and becuase it takes recombination a while to get rid of them
a new mutation can cause ...
- 1.reduced diveristy in region surrounding selecting locus
- 2. increased distance of linkage disequilibrium aroind selected locu
- 3. halpotypes bearing the selected allele have lower diversity higher around linkage disequilibrium than haplotypes bearing older alleles
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview