Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
What are the three aspects of "clinical examination"
- 1. The Animal
- 2. The environment
- 3. The history
Treat vs. NOT to treat(Decision tree)
- Value of patient(Survival, Salvage, Emotional attachment(companion))
- MULTIPLIED BYProbability of survival after treatment(%)
- Cost of the treatment(care/follow-up care)
- EQUALSNet present worth of the animal
What are the different systems that a disease may effect??
V.I.N.D.I.C.A.T.E K.I.T.T.E.N??????? OR DAMIT-V???
Acronyms that help the clinical examination
- A-autoimmune, abnormality(congenital)
- I-infectious, inflammatory, idiopathic
- T-traumatic, tumor, toxin
Extreme weight loss/thinnes due to loss of subcutaneous fat and muscle usually due to starvation
- Viral(BVDV(bovine viral diarrhea virus), Rinderpest,FMD)
caricnoma(Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the body), sarcoma round cell tumor= lymphosarcoma
- Chronic infection of GIT
- Plant toxin( Bracken fern, selenium storing plant, and horse tails)
- Heart failure
- loss oncotic pressure(low albumin in serum, protein loosing enteropathy(pathology of intestine)
- Valvular endocarditis(Inflammation of the inside lining of the heart)
- Septicemia(infection of the blood)
formation of new tissue
- Vit E/Selenium deficiency
- Liver failure(plant toxin,bacteria,fluke)