Radio nav aids
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
NDB is a ground based nav aid which transmits a carrier signal in the ?
Erros associated with the NDB
- Mountain effect
- Interference (co channel)
- Night effect (skywave effects)
- Terrain effects ( signals weakened over non conductive surfaces )
- Coastal refraction (signal bent as it crosses the coast)
- Height effect (reduced range at low altitude)
- Aircraft error (interference from the aircraft)
The ADF has 2 antennas, what are they?
The loop antenna and the sense antenna.
When the adf is switched to "ANT" mode which antenna is used ?
Sense antenna only.
NDB stations broadcast between ______ to _______ frequency
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview