Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are 2 methods for denture processing?
- injection molding
- convention packing
What are the reqs for denture resin?
- stiffness, low creep: occlusion, minimize uneven loading
- strength, resilience: mastication, impact
- biologically inert
- resist oral environment
What are different types of denture base materials?
- heat cured:
- heat cured, rubber reinforced
- heat cured, fiber reinforced
- auto cured: low solubility, water uptake, dimensionally stable, accurate
- injection molded
- light activated
Which denture base has least shrinkage?
light cured (3% vs 6% cold, heat cured)
What is the heat cure rxn?
- polymer & peroxide initiator (powder) +
- monomer & inhibitor (liquid) +
- ->> polymer + heat (reaction)
Adv of injection molding?
- less distortion during processing
- minimal pin opening
- -->> lab remount simplified
What is flasking injection channel requirements?
3-5mm diameter 1 for max, 2 for mand
Flasking process steps
- 1. complet festooning
- 2. seal to cast
- 3. remove from mounts
- 4. place in flasks partially filled with stone
- 5. coat teeth with improved stone
- 6. fill and close
- 7. boil out: wax and record base
- 8. alcote stone but not teeth
- 9. mix polymer 20g polymer, 30ml monomer for 5 minutes room temp
- 10. assemble and clamp flask
- 11. mount pressure apparatus
Lab remount purpose
- 1. correct processing errors
- 2. restore VDO
- 3. restore centric and bilateral balanced occlusion
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview