Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Carboxylic Acid
- 1 double bonded O
- 1 single bonded
1) COOH bonded to chain of carbons change what
2) put COOH group at C"?"
- 1) change -e to -oic acid
- 2) at C1
Boiling point COOH high or low
high because lots of inter molecular forces
1) < 5 C's
2) > 5 C's
- 1) water soluble because hydrogen bonding
- 2) water Insoluble because too many C
- 1) 1710 cm-12) 2500-3500 cm-1
Oxidation 1* alcohol
Na2Cr2O7, K2Cr2O7, or CrO3 in the presence of H2O and H2SO4.
Oxidation alkyl benzene
Oxidative cleavage of alkynes
O3 in H20
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview