The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
food or provisions for human beings.
- a tactical unit of artillery, usually consisting of six guns together
- with the artillerymen,
- equipment, etc., required to operate them.
- covered with a deposit of needle-like ice crystals formed on the ground by
- direct condensation at temperatures below freezing point
- feeling or expressing sorrow for sin or wrongdoing and disposed to atonement
- and amendment; repentant; contrite.
- person who grinds, esp. one who grinds cutting tools .
- member of a British hereditary order of honor, ranking below the barons and made
- up of commoners.
- person sentenced to or serving a term of life imprisonment
: a wise and trusted counselor or teacher
- performance, ceremony, etc., regarded as absurd, false, or ostentatious
- objectionable, or disgusting animals collectively,
- especially those of small size that appear commonly and are difficult to
- control, as flies, lice,
- bedbugs, cockroaches, mice, and rats.
to occur; happen; take place
- of being distinguished or identified.
- excite; stir up or set going; animate; rouse; inflame.
- hungry; famished; voracious
- marriage or
- wedlock; matrimonial; conjugal.
- or keen, as language or a person; caustic; cutting.
- : a sudden, alarming amazement or dread that results in
- utter confusion; dismay.
- malarial fever characterized by regularly returning paroxysms, marked by
- successive cold, hot,
- and sweating fits.
- without thought or regard; carefree; heedless
- or showing acute mental discernment and keen practical sense; shrewd.
fanciful or witty.
- for the occasion,
- as an action, manner, or expression; apt; appropriate.
to become spread throughout all parts of.
- fear, alarm, or
- agitation; perturbation
- in forgiving an insult or injury; free from petty
- resentfulness or vindictiveness