The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Types of Plants
- non-vascular, non seed (mosses)
- vascular, non seed (ferns)
- vascular, naked seeded (gymnosperms)
- vascular, seeds in fruit (angiosperms)
- §Monocots – plants that possess one embryonic seed leaf or cotyledon
- • Examples: lilies, orchids, palms, grasses (such as
- lawn grasses, corn and bamboo)
- • Leaves usually have parallel vein pattern
- • Vascular bundles scattered about in stem x-sec.
- • Fibrous root system
- • Flower parts in multiples of three
- §Dicots – plants that possess two embryonic seed leaves or cotyledons
- • Examples: roses, peas, sunflowers, daisies, maples,
- oaks, tomatoes
- • Leaves usually have netlike vein pattern
- • Vascular bundles in a ring near periphery of
- stem in x-sec.
- • Taproot system
- • Flower parts in multiples of four or five