The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Types of ICMP Attacks
- •Smurf DoS attack: attackers broadcast a ping request to all computers on a network, but change the source address of the request to target
- •ICMP redirect attack: this attack send an ICMP redirect packet to the victim asking
- the host to send its packets to another router (a malicious device)
- •Ping of Death: a malformed ping using ICMP is sent to the victim. This ping exceeds
- the size of an IP packet
What is DNS?
- Resolves IP addresses and symbolic names
- Uses port 53
- DNS poisoning attack substitutes addresses so that the computer is automatically redirected to another device.
- An attacker substitutes a fraudulent IP address to a symbolic name
How DNS Poisoning works?
Attackers target a local HOST file to create a new entries, redirecting users to a fraudulent sites