The flashcards below were created by user
What AR covers military justice?
What is UCMJ?
Uniform Code of Military Justice.
Its prescribes criminal for soldiers.
What does UCMJ establish?
1. declares what conduct is a crime.
2. establish types of courts.
3. sets procedures for administration of military justice.
What is an Article 15?
non-judicial punishment for minor offenses imposed by a commander.
What is the aim of Non-judicial punishment?
1. Correct, educate & reform offenders.
2. Preserve a soldier's record
3. Dispose of minor offenses in less time and personnel than trials by courts-martial
Under what article is non-judicial punishment imposed?
Who may imposed an Article 15?
Any commanding officer, including warrant officer excercising command.
Does a person have to accept an article 15?
No, a soldier has the right to a trial by court martial.
What kind of extra duty is an NCO given by an Article 15?
What form is used to request that a superior exercise Article 15 authority.
DA Form 5109
What are the two categories of an Article 15?
1. Company Grade
2. Field Grade
What is a Company Article 15?
Imposed by a company grade officer.
What is a Field Grade Article 15?
Imposed by a field grade officer.