Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Names / Class
- 1B Sodium channel blocker
Mechanism of Action
- Decreases depolarization & automaticity in the ventricles.
- Decreases velocity of electrical impulse through the conductive system.
Onset of Action
- <3 minutes
- 5 - 7 minutes
- 10 - 20 minutes
- 1.5 - 2 hours
- V-Fib refractory to Amiodarone
- Cardiac arrest
- 2nd & 3rd degree heart block
- PVCs in conjunction with bradycardia
- Monitor for CNS toxicity
- Decrease dose by 50% in Pts >70 yrs old or who have liver disease
- Bolus therapy only for cardiac arrest
- Nausea / Vomiting
- Slurred speech
- Widening of QRS complex
- Respiratory & Cardiac arrest
- Heart blocks
- Initial bolus: 1.0 - 1.5 mg/kg
- Additional boluses of 0.5 - 0.75 mg/kg every 5 - 10 minutes until arrythmia is surpressed or until 3.0 mg/kg administered.
- Then: 2 - 4 mg/min to maintain blood levels.
- Reduce dose by 50% for Pts >70 years or with liver disease.
Routes / How Supplied
IV bolus, IV infusion
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview