Cre 101 ch 9
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
do Browne and Keeley define research
- usally a systematic collection of observation by people trained to do
- scientific research.
what are three
characteristics or components that contribute to its reliability?
- control, and precision.
are nine questions to help you decide whether research findings are
- 1) What is the
- quality-is it done by expert, 2) Other than the quality of the
- source-is it well done, 3) Has the study been replicated-same
- conclusion. 4) How selective has the communication been in the
- choosing studies-selected only the ones that supported the
- conclusion. 5) Is there any evidence of strong-sense critical
- thinking. 6) Is there any reason for someone to have distorted the
- research? 7) Are conditions in the research artificial and therefore
- distorted? 8) How far can we generalize. 9) Are there any biases
are three factors to consider when evaluating a research sample?
- 1) The sample must be
- large enough to justify the generalization or conclusion. 2) the
- sample must possess as much breadth, or diversity as the types of
- events about which conclusions are to be drawn. 3) The more random
- the sample, the better it is.
is the problem of overgeneralization?
Problem is there is not enough attention to the limits of sampling.
are three possible problems with surveys?
- 1)if the person is
- honest. 2) Ambiguous in the wording. 3) biased wording and biased
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview