Explain the content/impact of AAA? and TVA?
Agricultural Adjustment Act
- It was to help farmers who had been hard hit by the
- Part of New Deal Laws
- Pay farmers to limit their over production of
- crops and livestock. Such cutbacks
- would help bring the supply of agricultural products more in line with the
- demands for them causing the prices to rise.
- It was not successful because people had already
- planted their crops and many animals had given birth to the young and if they
- killed the crops and animals it would be just wasteful and immoral.
Tennessee Valley Authority
- It was to turn the running river water power into
- Provided Funds for the development and
- electrification of the Tennessee River Authority.
- It also aimed to enrich the land and hydrate the
- land to create fish filled lakes that would create tourism and provide jobs for
- the residents.