Home Economics - Growth and Development
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What factors influence human growth and development?
Name the four stages of development (life stages)
4. Old Age
Explain the five areas of development
1. Physical - growth of the body and ability to do things
2. Mental - development of memory, understanding and creativity
3. Language - development of speech, reading and writing
4. Emotional - learning to handle your emotions and develop self-esteem
5. Social and Moral - learning what behaviours are acceptable in society and developing friendships
What is meant by the term peer group?
These are people your own age who share similar interests
What is meant by the term peer pressure?
This is when your peer group puts pressure on you to do something
What is a norm?
These are accpetable ways of behaving
Give an example of a norm
Putting rubbish in the bin
Not damaging other people's property
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview