Skeletal system- Osseous CH4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Purpose of radiographic evaluation
- 1. correlation with clincial findings, machanism of injury, patients age and physical condition
- 2.anatomic alignment and position of involved bones.
- 3.assesment of entire bone, involved joints including-
- articular surface (cartilage)
- medullary canal
- epiphyseal growth plates- children
- 4.comparison views
- 5.low to mid kvp range
loss of bone
ex. bone metastases, multiple myeloma
ex. osteopretosis, osteoblastic
Include at least one joint for alignment purposes.
two views - 90 degrees from eachother
positive fat pad sign-
Elbow- definite fracture radial head
knee- possible fracture, definite joint effusion
positive drawer sign-
stress views of ankle-radiographic signs of ligament tear
- AP position- widening of the ankle mortise
- LAT position- talus moves forward
Tumors need to do biopsy for?
Generally round with definitive diagnoses
Atypical shape with ill defined borders
Osteoarthitis- weight bearing joints.
- NOT rehumatoid - small joints of hands and feet
- synovial membranes inflamed
degenerative changes cont
- Neurological changes that can cause muscle atrophy
- Articular cartilage damage and destruction- narrowing joint spaces
Metabolic disorders via skeletal changes
- 3.pagets disease
- 4.renal dysfunction
- 5.endocrine dysfunction
inflammation- bone and bone marrow
- 2.infectious arthritis
Motor vehicle accident - 3 collisions
- 1.vehicle vs object
- 2.occupant vs vehicle
- 3. internal organ vs themselves
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview