easy peasy bio
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
-glucose can be used to produce ATP through this process or fermentation -the primary source of ATP for most orgnsms. -a four step process for producing ATP that starts with high potential energy -"any suite of rxns that produces ATP in a ETC"
the process in which electrons are passed from one protein to another in this chain and the energy released through redox rxns is used to pump protons across the inner membrane of the mitochondria
Electron Transport Chain (ETC)
one of the intermediates in the 10-reaction sequence of glycolysis.glycerol enters the glycotic pathway once it has been oxidized and phosphorylated to form ___.
a three carbon compound that is the initial product of carbon reduction, resulting from the reaction between CO2 and some unknown molecule
also one of the 10 intermediates in glycolysis
mitochondrion (sing.) mitochondria (pl.)
- organelles found in virtually all eukaryotes
- have an inner membrane, outer membrane, and sac like cristae, and a mitochondrial matrix inbtween cristae and i.m.
- most of cell's ATP is produced here
- the most common fuel used by organisms
- the end product of photosynthesis
- both plants and animals store ____ and oxidize it to provide chem energy in form of ATP
- a three carbon compound formed during glycolysis and later used to form acetyl-coA
- ______ processing is one of the 4 steps of cellular respiration
- fermentation occurs when ____ accepts electrons from NADH
- rxns that synthesize larger molecules from smaller components
- these pathways synthesize key molecules
- rxns that provide the precursor molecules needed to synthesize cell components
- rxns that break down molecules and produce ATP
- break down molecules as fuel
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview