Antiplatelet, Nonnarcotic analgesic, Antipyretic
- *Action: Inhibits the production of thromboxane A2, reducing platelet aggregation.
- *Indications: Fever, inflammation, angina, acute MI, chest pain/pressure that may be of cardiac origin.
- *Contraindications: GI bleed, active ulcer disease, hemorrhagic stroke, bleeding disorders, children with chicken pox or flu like symptoms, known sensitivity.
- * Dosage: Adult MI 160-325 mg PO, 300 mg rectal suppository. Ped MI 3 to 5 mg/kg/day to 10 mg/kg/day given as a single dose.
- Adult Pain/Fever 325 to 650 mg PO every 4-6 hrs. Peds Pain/Fever 60 to 90 mg/kg/day in divided doses every 4-6 hours.
*Side effects: Anaphylaxis, angioedema, bronchospasm, bleeding, stomach irritation, N/V.