Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- most abundant neurotransmitter in teh entire body, but its extremely important in the PNS
- In the brain, it accounts for < 5% NT in the brain; but, in the brain, its the second most important for learning and memory
- Disease that has lack of this: Alzheimer's Disease
- most abundant excitatory NT in brain
- 1st most important for learning and memory
- 35% presence at all chemical synapses
- most abundant inhibitory NT in brain; present at about 50% of all synapses (100 billion neurons--> 100 trillion synapses in brain
- Anesthesias work by stimulationg GABA receptor at synapses
- NT necessary for planning movement in brain; maybe 1% NT;
- if you don't have it: Parkinson's Disease
- critical for all motivation
- NT mimicked by all addictive substances
- all addictions require an elevation in dopamine
- love elevates dopamine level
- suppresses anxiety and fear of hte amydala
- hunger in hypothalamus
- antidepressents elevate serotonin
nor-epinephrine/ nor- adrenaline
NT that initiates fight-or-flight; increases awareness; mimicked yb aderol, amphetamines
Which will produce EPSPs (ways of causing excitement)?
Those EPSPs are __.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview