Card Set Information
PE UNIT 1
What are the three main ways in which people learn?
1) Practice and Rehearsal - Automatic
2) Trial and Error - Shaping behaviour through reinforcement
3) Copying Others - Model yourself on them
What type of feedback can you recieve?
1) Knowledge of Results
2) Knowledge of Performance
Describe the main four types of feedback
1) Knowledge of Results - At the end, only finding out the result so don't learn anything new
2) Knowledge of Performance - Know skill and technique (better then Results)
3) Extrinsic - From other people
4) From youself
What are the two types of motivation and what do they mean?
Intrinsic - you ENJOY the sport
Extrinsice - Tangible rewards
Name the motivation for the different types of roles
Participant - motivated to please others, to enjoy/get fit/forget worries
Leader - Get paid, take on a new role, praise/recognition
Official - Power, helping others gives satisfaction
What are the benefits of goal setting?
Optimise performance - allows you to focus
Ensures Exercise Adherence - forcuses the mind and so more exercise
Controls Anxiety - focus on task, stop worrying
S - Specific (related to specific task)
M - Measurable (able to measure goal)
A - Agreed (with teacher/coach)
R - Realistic (able to reach it)
T - Timed (not too long or too short)
E - Exciting (performer enjoys it)
R - Recorded (completed a goal, record so you can move on)