Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the three main ways in which people learn?
- 1) Practice and Rehearsal - Automatic
- 2) Trial and Error - Shaping behaviour through reinforcement
- 3) Copying Others - Model yourself on them
What type of feedback can you recieve?
- 1) Knowledge of Results
- 2) Knowledge of Performance
- 3) Extrinsic
- 4) Intrinsic
- 5) Positive
- 6) Negative
- 7) Terminal
- 8) Continuous
Describe the main four types of feedback
- 1) Knowledge of Results - At the end, only finding out the result so don't learn anything new
- 2) Knowledge of Performance - Know skill and technique (better then Results)
- 3) Extrinsic - From other people
- 4) From youself
What are the two types of motivation and what do they mean?
- Intrinsic - you ENJOY the sport
- Extrinsice - Tangible rewards
Name the motivation for the different types of roles
- Participant - motivated to please others, to enjoy/get fit/forget worries
- Leader - Get paid, take on a new role, praise/recognition
- Official - Power, helping others gives satisfaction
What are the benefits of goal setting?
- Optimise performance - allows you to focus
- Ensures Exercise Adherence - forcuses the mind and so more exercise
- Controls Anxiety - focus on task, stop worrying
- S - Specific (related to specific task)
- M - Measurable (able to measure goal)
- A - Agreed (with teacher/coach)
- R - Realistic (able to reach it)
- T - Timed (not too long or too short)
- E - Exciting (performer enjoys it)
- R - Recorded (completed a goal, record so you can move on)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview