Question of Faith
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- what we believe to be true about God and our relationship with God
- eg There is only one God
- the system of behaviour and set of activities people use to express their belief in God
- eg pilgrimage, prayer, way of life
- inner personal thought
- focusing on or searching for something meaningful in a sacred text, in events of life or in the world of nature
- eg the birth of a baby, the death of a relative
- to argue about things that are uncertain or debatable
- eg Why am I here?
- things or relationships that make life worthwhile, that bring satisfaction, and that make sense of life
- eg friendship, family, work, a relationship with God, money
to look for, to seek out, to enquire or ask, in order to find meaning or answers
Awe and Wonder
- emotion combining amazement and reverence, inspired by deep significant experience
- eg baby Isabella
when life is not worthwhile, and you can find no reason to suffer your present difficulties
- looks to life, not religion, as a source of meaning
- to base one's beliefs on factual evidence and scientific ways of enquiry only
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview