What are the association areas and where are they located on the cerebral cortex?
- *association areas analyze, interpret and make decisions about stimulus received
- 1. Somatic sensory association area: interprets input from primary sensory cortex; parietal lobe
- 2. Visual association area: interprets activity in visual cortex; occipital lobe
- 3. Auditory association area: monitors auditory cortex; temporal lobe
- 4. Somatic motor association area: coordinates/initiates motor responses; frontal lobe