Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What was the Emergency Banking Act?
- FDR closed all the banks( Banking Holiday March 6-10)
- Only sound banks allowed to reopen
What was the CCC, Civil Conservation Corps?
- gave jobs to young men on conservation projects
- most popular new deal program
What was the FERA, Federal Emergency Relief Act?
- provided immediate relief
- opposed because it was a handout
What was the AAA, agricultural Adjustment Act?
- Gave money to farmers to pay mortagages and subsidized them not to grow crops
- declared uncontitional
What was the TVA, Tennessee Valley Authority?
- Built Dams and provided low cost electricity in Tennessee Valley
- most controversial new deal program
What was the HOLC, Home Owners Refinancing Corp.?
helped non-farmers pay mortgages
What was the FDIC, Federal deposit Insurance Corporation?
Insured individual bank deposits up to 5,000
What was the NIRA, National Industrial Recovery Act?
set up the NRA and PWA
What was the PWA, Public Works Administration?
Put people to work buliding public facilities including schools, hospitals, roads, dams, etc.
What was the NRA, National recovery act?
- promoted recovery in industry
- declared unconstitutional
What was the SEC, securities and exchange Commission?
regulates the buying and selling of stocks
What is the WPA,Works Progress Administration?
more public works plus jobs for writers, artists musicians etc.
What is the Wagner Act?
- set up nation labor relations board to deal with labor disputes
- collective bargining
What was the Social Security Act?
Provided pensions for elderly, widows, orphans,, and disabled
What is the Fair Labor Standards Act?
set maximum hours, minimum wages, and outlawed child labor
What is the Rural Electrification Act?
provided electrical power to rural areas