1. What is a transducer that transmits or receives electromagnetic waves. In other words, antennas convert electromagnetic
radiation into electrical current, or vice versa.
2. What are the two main types of AM Antennas?
- Guy-Wired Supported.
3. What are the two varieties of the AM Antennas?
3. Grounded and Base Insulated.
4. A single tower broadcast antenna is ____-___________, while Multiple tower
installations are __________.
4. Omni-directional, Directional.
5. Most FM broadcast antenna systems are designed to radiate both ________ and __________ polarized signals.
5. Vertical and Horizontal.
6. Commercial television broadcast antennas are usually ____-___________.
7. An antenna’s radiation pattern varies depending on what?
7. The antenna configuration, application, and surrounding terrain.
8. What is the Frequency range for AM broadcasts?
8. 540 kHz through 1600 kHz.
9. The majority of VHF television antennas look similar to what?
9. FM Broadcast Antennas.
10. The most common configuration is to mount the panels to triangular platforms on a 50-150 foot monopole tower?
10. Cellular Antennas.
11. Most cell site antennas are attached to what type of platforms?
12. VHF ranges from __-___ MHz.
12. 30-300 MHz.
13. UHF ranges from ___ MHz - _ GHz
300 MHz - 3 GHz.
14. What are your seven types of VHF/UHF Antennas?
- Antennas for Point-to-Point Links
- Yagi-Uda Antennas
- Periodic Antennas
- Panel Antennas
- Corner Reflectors
15. What are your four type of Base Station VHF/UHF Antennas?
- Discone antennas
- Stacked dipole arrays
- Vertical ground plane antennas
16. Yagi antennas are very widely used as general purpose antennas with a gain up to what?
16. 17 dBi.
17. What are the benefits of the Corner Reflector antenna?
17. Provides high gain and low side lobes.
18. Which antenna is an excellent choice for communications jamming?
18. The log periodic antenna.
19. Microwave antennas are predominantly what type of line-of-sight technology?
20. RADAR systems are classified as fixed site, transportable or________?
21. What is the frequency range used in direction finding antennas?
21. LF thru EHF.
22. Which antennas are very widely used as general purpose antennas at frequencies 12 to 50 MHz and are cheap and simple to construct?
22. Yagi Antennas.
23. Which antenna comprises a reflecting screen with simple radiating elements mounted over it in a broadside configuration, is generally termed a panel antenna and is used for frequencies in the UHF band?
23. Panel Antennas.
24. What is a high-gain reflector antenna used for radio, television, data links and communications with satellites?
24. Parabolic Antennas.
25. Which antenna is most commonly used low-gain wideband base station antenna?
25. Discone Antenna.
26. Most popular omni-directional antennas are simple half-wave _______.
27. What provides omni-directional coverage over VHF-UHF spectrum and is used for commercial and private base-station VHF-UHF broadcast applications?