The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is the definition of an antenna
a transducer that transmit or receives electromagnetic
What frequency ranges do
cell phone towers in the US operate at?
- 824MHz –
- 849MHz, 869MHz – 894MHz, and 1850MHz – 1990MHz.
Most cell site antennas are attached to what type of platforms?
VHF and UHF bands are used for private and public access services carrying
speech, data and facsimile information
- ranges from 30 - 300 MHz,
UHF ranges from 300 MHz - 3 GHz.
An antenna’s radiation pattern varies depending on what?
- The antenna configuration, application, and surrounding
What is the Frequency
range for AM broadcasts?
540 kHz through 1600 kHz
. The majority of VHF television antennas look
similar to what?
FM Broadcast Antennas
Q. What is the definition of an antenna?
- . A device for
- converting radio waves into an electrical signal or vice versa
The discone antenna
- widely used where an omnidirectional wide band or
- bandwidth RF antenna design is needed
The dipole antenna
- used types of RF antenna
Stacked Dipole Arrays
- array of 2 and 4 centre-fed dipole antennas
Vertical ground plane antennas
- of a vertical radiator that is mounted directly on the ground and fed at the
Q. Which antenna is an
excellent choice for communications jamming?
The log periodic antenna
What are the benefits of the Corner Reflector antenna
It provides high gain and low side lobes
What are the
frequency ranges of VHF and UHF Antennas?
VHF ranges from 30MHz – 300MHz and UHF ranges from 300MHz – 3GHz.
. Yagi antennas are very widely used as general
purpose antennas with a gain up to what?
The Yagi provides gains up to 17 dBi.
cheap and simple to make and operates with freq 12-50 mhz
gains up to about 17dbi
provides directional capability, excellent for comms jamming
the log periodic antenna
helical beam antenna
- impedance characteristics
circularly polarized radiation
requires a simple feed network,
radiation characteristics are reasonably predictable.
- right-hand or left-hand circular polarization may be
- generated by a helical beam antenna.
Corner Reflector Antennas
•Provides high gain and low side lobe levels
•Below 100 MHz
- •High-gain reflector antenna used for radio,
- television, data links and communications with satellites.
what are dipoles anntennas?
most popular omni-directional antennas are simple half wave dipoles