Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The culture and traditions handed down to people by their ancestors. YOu learn about it from your family, arts, crafts and dancing.
- A family member who lived a long time ago.
- i.e. great grandmother or great grandfather
A group's way of doing something.
*like shaking hands when you meet someone.
A group's way of life.
Ex. using chopsticks to eat
The sharing of ideas and information.
ex. sign language
Identify customs related to Mardi Gras.
- 1. eat gumbo
- 2. wear a mask
- 3. go to parades
Chinese New Year
- 1. honor grandparents
- 2. give gifts
- 3. eat chinese foods (rice)
- 1. light in Kinara
- 2. play musical instruments
- 3. dancing
Cinco de Mayo
- 1. horses in parades
- 2. singing and dancing
- 3. break open pinatas
List 3 explorers that we have read about.
- 1. Columbus
- 2. Vespucci
- 3. Magellan
List 3 things an immigrant would need.
- 1. ships
- 2. suitcases
- 3. new neighborhoods
What would a pioneer need? (3 things)
- 1. horses
- 2. covered wagons
- 3. water barrels
List things we Americans do on July 4th.
- 1. watch fireworks
- 2. BBQ and eat hot dogs/hamburgers
- 3. Wear red, white and blue
- 4. celebrate our country's birthday and freedom
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview