Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. What causes radar to fail to acquire target, to stop tracking target, or to output false information?
1. Radar Jamming.
2. What interferes with the Enemy's ability to pass information over a communications link?
2. Communications Jamming.
3. The primary difference between Radar and communicatios jamming is in the what?
4. Which signal makes a round trip to the target before it returns to the receiver?
4. Radar Signal.
5. Which jamming intends for the transmission to only make a one-way trip?
5. Communications Jamming.
6. What is the fundamental element of a communications system?
7. A node consist of what three areas?
- - Transmitter
- - Receiver
- - Computer Modem
8. Two nodes working together form a what?
8. Communications Link.
9. Two communications links operating for a common purpose form a what?
9. Communications Network.
10. Tactical communications primarily occurs where?
10. In the HF, VHF, and UHF ranges.
11. What single-channel systems are designed to carry voice or data information of one or two users at a time?
11. Single-Channel Communications.
12. Many modern military and COTS radios are equipped with “_________ _______” circuitry and “____ ______” features.
12. Selective Squelch and Tone Coding.
13. Communication signals are becoming increasingly _______ instead of analog.
14. What modulation is mostly used for ground-to-ground communication?
14. Frequency Modulation.
15. What modulation is used for air-to-ground communication?
15. Amplitude Modulation.
16. What type of phones are normally two-frequency, full duplex mode?
16. High-Power Cordless Phones (HPCP).
17. What frequency range do HPCP handsets transmit at?
17. 240 to 270 MHz.
18. What frequency range to HPCP handsets transmit at?
18. 370 to 400 MHz.
19. To efficiently transmit signals over long distances, transmissions must be combined into one signal called what?
19. Multi-Channel Signal.
20. What is the process called where multiple analog message signals or digital data streams are combined into one signal over a shared medium?
21. Two most common terrestrial forms of multi-channel RF communication are called what?
- - Point-to-Point Microwave/Radio Relay (RADREL)
- - Troposcatter.
22. What systems point the transmit and receive antennas to a common piece of sky.
22. Troposcatter systems.
23. GSM falls under which portion of the radio spectrum?
24. Civilian microwave and troposcatter systems will be fixed in location, and most military systems will be ______ or ____-______.
24. Mobile or Semi-Mobile.
25. What is synthesis of cellular and satellite communications in which satellites serve as cell base stations?
25. Mobile Satellite Services (MSS).
26. What is used extensively in nations that do not have well-developed landline distribution networks for cable television.
26. Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS).
27. What uses high-power transmitters connected to antennas placed on tall towers?
27. Terrestrial Television.
28. What is produced by modulating a RF carrier wave with noise and transmitting that wave at the victim's radio frequency?
28. Noise Jamming.
29. What is a primary form of voice communications jamming which is produced by a variety of techniques?
29. Narrowband Noise.
30. What is required for the use of high-security encryption?
30. Digital Communications.
31. When jamming a digital signal what is the basic approach?
31. To create bit errors.
32. Digital signals take more or less power to jam in comparison to analog signals?
32. It takes less power to jam a digital signal.
33. To jam a frequency hopping signal what type of jammer is used?
33. A follower jammer or a partial band jammer.
34. What is necesary to determine signal level of desired signal to jam at intended receiver?
34. Partial-Band Jammer.
35. What are the three Basic Spread Spectrum techniques?
- - Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS)
- - Direct-Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS)
- - Chirp Spread Spectrum (CSS)
36. What communication signals use “spreading” to make them hard to detect and jam?
36. LPI Communication Signals.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview