Radar Electronic Attack
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. What is the primary purpose of Radar Jamming?
1. To create confusion and deny critical information to negate the effectiveness of enemy radar systems.
2. Which type of jamming must transmit signals at the frequency of the victim radar?
2. Frequency Matching.
3. For maximum jamming effectiveness, a jamming transmitter should produce ____________ interface.
4. The measure of the ability of the victim radar to detect targets is known as what type of ratio?
4. Signal to Noise Ratio.
5. What is the radar equivalent to "squelch"?
5. Receiver False Alarm Threshold.
6. For a jamming signal to be effective, the Jamming-to-Signal (J/S) ratio must be
greater than ___.
7. What are the two types of Radar EA?
7. Active and Passing.
8. What type of jamming focuses on General frequency location, is effective against freq
agile (hop), and has less power dedicated to
8. Barrage Noise Jamming.
9. What type of jamming must know target frequency, ineffective against freq agile (hop), and has more power dedicated to target?
9. Spot Noise Jamming.
10. What is an effective jamming technique employed against acquisition, early warning, and ground control intercept (GCI) radars?
10. False Target jamming.
11. What jamming is designed to exploit weaknesses in the angle tracking loop of the victim radar?
11. Angle Deception Jamming.
12. What are two primary employment options for both noise and deception jamming techniques?
12. Self-Protection Jamming and Support Jamming.
13. What is the purpose of Self-Protection Jamming?
13. Individual platform survivability.
14. What is a device designed to replicate (present an electronic signature) similar or better than the actual target?
15. What are the three primary missions decoys do?
- - Saturate the enemy's radar/detection system.
- - Coarce the enemy into exposing his forces prematurely.
- - Defeat enemy tracking systems.
16.Which decoy is usually used in conjuction with aircraft?
16. Saturation Decoys.
17. What is a small jammer that is physically attached to the aircraft?
17. Towed Decoys.
18. What is an active decoy?
18. A Decoy that transmits a signal.
19. What is a passive decoy?
19. A decoy that uses the victims energy against its self.
20. Most widely used and effective expendable electronic attack (EA) devices?
21. Chaff is most effective when?
21. It is cut to ½ the wavelength of the victim radar’s wavelength.
22. What is the measure of net re-radiated energy from a target back to the receiver?
22. Radar Cross Section (RCS).
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview