Envoy EMB Oral Questions 2
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Rear electronics compartment
When does the CVR start recording?
Batteries to AUTO
When does the CVR stop recording?
- 5 G deceleration
- Also activates the ELT
Emergency landings are completed at what flap setting?
45o unless otherwise dictated by the checklist
What is the Grab-N-Go kit?
Lateral and Vertical separation from Thunderstorms?
5,000 ft. and 20 miles
What governs the logic of the electrical system in AUTO?
EDL and GCU's
What is the purpose of the backup battery?
Power the GCUs in a near zero voltage condition
What does the AC Power button do?
Allows the inverter to be energized.
What does the Backup Battery button do?
Allows the backup battery to be charged.
Why do Avionics Masters 1 and 2 need to be OFF during APU start with battery power only?
To protect transient sensitive equipment (avionics)
Will Shed bus OVRD work in the air?
No, EDL logic is different on the ground vs. air.
What does the Essential Power Button do?
Ensures the Electrical Emergency configuration
What instruments will you have during an electrical emergency?
- Both RMU's
- Standby instruments
What is an Electrical Essential Transfer Fail?
When you may have had an electrical emergency and the system failed to configure.
Will not notice any change other than EICAS messages.
Batteries will be powering all DC buses (about 12 minutes of power)
Will need to press the Essential Power button to save battery power.
What is an Electrical Emergency Abnormal?
- When the system has configured for an electrical emergency, but one has not occurred
- Batteries powering the essentials (will last about 40 mins)
- When batteries die, you will lose what you would normally have during an electrical emergency (EICAS, both RMU's, electrical standby instruments)
How to remember # of networks during different electrical configurations?
- From 4 to 3, lose diversity (less than 4 gens, down to one network)
- From 3 to 2, lose the sheds
How many fuel quantity sensors in each wing?
What does Tank 1 (2) Pump Power do?
Energizes the selected pump.
What does moving the X-Feed selector knob to Low 1 (2) do?
Opens the cross feed valve and de-energizes the pump on the selected side.
What electric motor-driven fuel pumps are non-essential?
- The C pumps - would lose in an electrical emergency
- Recognized by clicking behind seats on relay boxes when the other pumps cycle on/off
Max altitude that the FPMU can supply fuel without assistance from an electrical pump?
When to press the BAGG EXTG button?
- Baggage smoke warning on EICAS (not light on button)
- Do not discharge on ground while door is open - the bottles are designed to work with a sealed compartment (starve Oxygen and can harm people/rampers)
Baggage fire extinguishes located?
In rear electronics compartment
What happens when the APU EXTG button is pressed?
- Sends stop request to APU FADEC
- Closes SOV in wing root
- Fires APU extinguisher bottle
What happens when APU Master Knob is selected to ON?
- Opens fuel SOV
- Enables EICAS Messages
- Energizes the FADEC
APU Master to OFF?
- De-energizes the FADEC
- Inhibits EICAS Messages
- Closes Fuel SOV
Difference between A1 and A1/3 engines?
PMA supplies ignition at?
PMA powers the FADECs at?
Purpose of the CVGs?
- Ensure adequate margin above compressor stalls
- Optimize airflow through the engine
What happens if both FADECs on one side become inoperative?
Engine will shut down (inability to control fuel/air mixture)
What is acquired by DAU 1?
- Engine 1 information
- Forward airplane systems
- FADECs 1A and 1B
How many blades on the N1 fan?
How many stage high pressure turbine?
2 stage, drives the compressor
How many stage low pressure turbine?
3 stage, drives the N1 fan
How many ITT sensors between the N1 and N2 turbine?
- 16 (8 per FADEC)
- (same number of fuel nozzles - 16)
How much thrust does the engine produce?
7426 lbs of thrust max
What is 14th stage bleed air prioritized for?
- Cross starting
- Low power settings
- Icing Conditions
At what point in the starting cycle is fuel introduced?
28.5% N2d or 12 seconds after ignition is enabled
Will moving the START/STOP selector to STOP shut down the engine?
Only if the Thrust Lever is at IDLE.
With Hydraulic ELEC PUMP switch in AUTO, what 2 conditions will cause the pump to turn on?
- Engine driven pump pressure drops below 1,600 psi or
- Associated engine N2 drops below 56.4%
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview