Clinical PET STUDIES
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are some CARDIAC PET tracers?
What are 2 properties in cancer cells?
- 1.^Glucose and hexokinase levels
- 2. ^ Amino acid transport and protein synthesis
How is FDG used?
- 1. Detection
- 2. Staging
- 3. Response and recurrence
Why is FDG not used as a cardiac perfusion agent?
Heart uses fatty acids not glucose
What are the risk classifications for melanoma?
- <1mm= LOW
- 1-3mm= node mets 20-50%
- >3= node mets 50-70%
What are some other F-18 agents besides FDG?
- Sodium Flouride (Bone Mets)
- Fluorodopa (Parkinson's)
- Fluorothymidine [FLT] (Breast CA etc)
- C-11 Choline (Prostate)
Why do peds get more dose for bone imaging?
B/c peds are constantly creating new bones=^uptake=^dose
Why is hypoxia imaging important?
Cells closer to blood supply have more O2; more hypoxic=more resistant to chemo=more tumor growth
Describe F-18 Miso in hypoxia imaging
- Oxic Cells: Miso is reoxidized and diffuses out of cells
- Hypoxic Cells: Miso remains reduced and trapped
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview