The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the three branches of government?
- The Legislative Branch (Congress)
- The Executive Branch (President)
- The Judicial Branch (The Courts)
The Legislative Branch (Congress)
- The Legislative Branch consists of the House of Representatives and the Senate, which together form the United States Congress.
- Congress creates laws, levy taxes, delcare war and print money. They also control the budget.
The Executive Branch (The President)
- The President enforces laws that congress makes.
- Commander in Chief of the armed forces.
- Conducts Foreign Relations.
The Judicial Branch (The Courts)
- Regional Circuit Courts
- Appeals Courts
- The Supreme Court