Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. a person who is bound by solemn religious vows, as a monk or a nun.
2. an adherent of a religion or cult; a worshiper of a particular deity or sacred personage.
3. a person who is devoted or addicted to some subject or pursuit: "A (...) of jazz".
4. a devoted follower or admirer.
1. a variety of melon of the gourd family, having a hard scaly or warty rind, grown in Europe, Asia, and the United States.
2. a muskmelon having a reticulated rind and pale-orange flesh.
1. the egg of a parasitic insect, especially of a louse, often attached to a hair or a fiber of clothing.
2. the young of such an insect.
1. a person who is stingy and miserly.
verb (used without object)
1. to act in a stingy or miserly way.
1. a person who lives in wretched circumstances in order to save and hoard money.
2. a stingy, avaricious person.
1. of, like, or befitting a miser; penurious; stingy; niggardly.
1. ukryty (motyw).
1. not diluted or made impure; pure: "(...) maple syrup".
2. utter; absolute: "(...) nonsense".
bereave, bereft, bereft
verb (used with object)
1. to deprive and make desolate, especially by death (usually followed by of): "Illness (...) them of their mother".
2. to deprive ruthlessly or by force (usually followed by of): "The war (...) them of their home".
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview