surgeries of urinary tract
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- surgical removal of a part of or kidney
- indicated for renal tumor, infected polycystic kidney, massive trauma, a donor
- removal of bladder
- indicated for bladder cancer
- require urinary diversion
- To preserve renal function when complete obstruction of a ureter occurs
- Catheter inserted into pelvis of kidney, can be done to one or both kidneys
- May be temporary or permanent
- High risk for renal infection
- Nephrostomy tube may have to be changed every month; catheter must never be clamped
•Performed with and without cystectomy
- •Treat cancer of bladder, neurogenic bladder, congenital anomalies, strictures, trauma to bladder, chronic infections with deterioration
- of renal function
•Includes incontinent urinary diversion and continent urinary diversion.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview