Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are 3 gastric cells that are involved in gastric acid production?
parietal, chief, and mucous cells
what do parietal cells do?
produces and secretes HCL acid
What do chief cells do?
- Secretes pepsinogen
- converts pepsinogen into pepsin in the acidic gastric environment
What do mucous cells do?
- Secretes mucous
- Vital in maintaining the protective gastric mucosa lining
What is the mechanism of the action of antacids?
- used to neutralize gastric acid
- promotes gastric mucosal defenses
What are antacids made up of?
What are the reasons for Antacids?
- Treat symptoms of:
- Gastric Hyperacidity
What type of people should not take antacids?
Patients with renal insufficiency
What are the overall side effects of antacids?
- Mask symptoms of other disease
What is the side effect of antacids with magnesium?
What is the side effect of antacids with aluminum?
What is the side effect of antacids with Calcium?
- kidney stones
- rebound hyperacidity
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview