The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
best initial test for hereditary angioedema?
- c2 and c4 levels
- most accurate is c1 esterase inhibitor
best initial therapy for hereditary angioedema?
best long term therapy for hereditary angioedema?
long term--danazol, stanazol
causes of urticaria?
- medication--allopurinol, rifampin, lamotrignese, penicilins, sulfonamides
rx for urticaria?
- h1 blockers
- leukotriene receptor antagonists
best initial test for common variable immunodeficiency?
- decreased immunoglobulins
- decreased response of b cells to antigens
long term management of cvid?
what immunoglobulins are decreased in cvid?
difference between cvid and brutons?
- decreased or absence of lymphoid tissues, tonsils, adenoids, lymph notes--in brutons but
- normal in cvid
in cvid--normal number of b cells in brutons decreased number of b cells
which of the immunodeficienies gives a risk to lymphoma?
gives risk to autoimmune diseases?
best initial therapy for cvid, brutons?
best long term therapy?
rx for scid?
bone marrow transplant
symptoms of scid?
- recurrent sinopulmonary infections
- --aids like infections due to T cells absence
what two immunodeficiency predispose to autoimmune disorders?
manifestation of hyper IgE syndrome?
- teeth retained
- IgE is high
best initial rx for hyper IgE
best long term rx?
- prophylactic ox, clox, diclox, naf
manifestation of wiskott aldrich syndrome?
what two immunological deficienies present with eczema?
what two immunodeficiencyes require bone marrow transpant?
what two immunodeficiencyes have decreased b and t cells?
- wickott aldrich syndrome
best initial test for chronic granulomatous disease?
nitroblue tetrazolium testing
what organisms are present in the granulomas with cgd?
what leukemia produces monocytopenia?
hairy cell leukemia
causes of parotitis?
- poor dentition and intubation