1. AP depolarization opens presynaptic voltage gated Ca2+
channels, inducing NT release
2. NT binds to postsynaptic membrane leading to muscle cell depolarization that the motor end plate
3. Depolarization travels along muscle cell and down the T tubule
- 4. Depolarization of voltage-sensitive Dihydropyridine receptor results in opening of the ryanidine receptor on the sarcoplasmic reticulum (mechanically coupled or CICR).
- -induces Ca2+ release from sarcoplasmic reticulum
5. Released Ca2+
binds troponin C causing a conformational change that moves tropomyosin out of the myosin-binding groove on actin filaments