- Laws are to be executed throughout the whole French territory. he even gives deadlines. FOr example, the department must abide by the law one day after the promulgation.
- Furthermore, laws are only for future and bind all.
- It is divided into books, titles, chapters, and sections. THe basic ideas are:
- - every Frenchman shall enjoy civil rights. If you are not a Frenchman, your rights depend on the quality of citizen.
- In terms of married persons, it preaches fidelity, protectin of the wife, and the wife's obedience to her husband. Not onyl that, but the wife is dependent on her husband as she must follow him and cannot plead in her own name.
- If the husband refuses to allow the wife to plead in her own name, the judge may give her authority.
- Trades that belong to the wife do not need the husbands authorty. However, if they share a trade, she does.
- The wife can make a will without her husband's approval
In terms of divorce, the children are to go with the husband, unless otherwise told.
- Paternal Power:
- A father can have his child confined as punishment and always abridge the duration if he wanted to
- Modes of Acquiring Property:
- Husband control's wife's property and can do what he wants with it without her consent unless it does not belong to hte community
- Donations and Wills:
- a married woman can't donate without consent of her husband
The husband administers the property of the community, but it can't be used by the wife to bail him out of prison unless authorized by the law