LAB Quiz clinical methods
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 3 normal breath sounds?
- Vesicular- soft low pitch
- bronchovesicular- moderate blowing sound
- bronchial- high-pitched, loud, "harsh"
Adventitious Breath Sounds
- Crackles (rales)- fine, short, crackling. Air passing through mucus or fluid
- Gurgles (rhonchi)- continuous low-pitched gurgling, snoring. narrowed passages
- Friction Rub- superficial crackling. inflamed pleural surface
- Wheeze- high-pitched squeaky, musical. swelling, tumor or secretions constricted airway
Define whispered pectoriloquy
- pt whispers "1,2,3", listen with stethoscope. Normal= faint sounds
- Abnormal=sounds clear
- Pt says "99" in normal voice. listen with stethoscope.
- Normal=words indistinct
- Bronchophony=sounds heard clearly
listen with stethoscope, patient says "e". normal lung will be "e" as in beet. consolidated lung will be "a" as in say.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview