- •A shy and studious boy, he was teased quite a bit and
- lived a fairly isolated childhood (Boeree, 2006).
•His theory is one of the first humanistic theories
–Influenced Kelly, Maslow, and Rogers.
- –Humans are motivated by the need to satisfy biological
- survival needs
- •“Allport originally used the word traits, but found that
- so many people assumed he meant traits as perceived by someone looking at
- another person or measured by personality tests, rather than as unique,
- individual characteristics within a person, that he changed it to dispositions”
- (Boeree, 2006).
–conscientiousness, openness, and neuroticism