The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is anatomy?
- -study of structure (at different levels of organization) and the relationships among structures.
- -study of internal and external structures of the body and the physical relationships among body parts
- include: surface, gross, systemic, regional, radiographic, developmental,
- embryology, cytology, pathological
Ex. How a muscle attaches to the skeleton
What is Physiology?
- -study of how body structures function.
- -study of how living organisms perform their vital functions
Subdivisions include: cell, system, exercise, pathophysiology, neurophysiology, renal,
endocrinology, respiratory, immunophysiology, cardiovascular, reproductive.
- How a muscle contracts or the forces that cause contracting
What are the Levels of Organization?
- Chemical – atoms
- Cell– structural & functional unit
- Tissue– group of cells with similar function
- Organ– 2 or more tissues performing function
- System– related organs with common function
What are the 11 body systems?
- Body Systems are:
What are the organs of the Integumentary System? Its function?
- Sweat Glands
- Regulates temperature
- Provides sensory info
What are the organs of the Skeletal system? Organs?
- Associated ligaments
- Bone marrow
- Stores calcium & minerals
- Form blood cells
The Lymphoid/Immune system? Organs and function?
- Lymphatic vessels
- Lymph nodes
- Defends against infections infections and disease
- Returns tissue fluids to the blood steam
The Respiratory system organs? Functions?
- Nasal cavaties
- Delivers air
- Provides oxygen to blood
- Removes CO2
- Produces sound communication
The Muscular system organs? Functions?
- Skeletal muscles
- Associated tendons
- Generates Heat/ Maintains body temp
Nervous system organs? Functions?
- Spinal cord
- Sense organs
- Directs Responses
- Coordinates/Moderates activity
- Provides/ Interprets sensory
Digestive system organs? Functions?
- Small Intestines
- Large Intestines
- Processes and Digests food
- Absorbs and Conserves water
- Absorbs nutrients
- Stores Energy