The flashcards below were created by user
Which city was the most important center of the early Italian Renaissance?
2. What was most revolutionary about Masaccio’s painting?
b) Expressive force and realism
Who were the two most famous competitors in the 1401 competition for the decoration of the doors of the Florence Baptistery?
a) Brunelleschi and Ghiberti
4. What name did Michelangelo give to East Doors of the Florence Baptistery?
d) The Gates of Paradise
What was Brunelleschi’s contribution to Florence Cathedral?
b) He designed the Duomo.
6. What was the primary source of the Medici’s wealth?
7. Who was the greatest Florentine sculptor of the first half of the 1400s?
8. What was the subject of Donatello’s most famous near-life size sculpture?
9. What was unique about Donatello’s portrayal of Saint Mary Magdalen?
c) She was depicted as old and ragged.
What Florentine banker founded an academy for the study of Plato?
b) Lorenzo de’ Medici
11. What is the message of The Song of Bacchus?
c) Enjoy the moment.
12. What famous painting of Sandro Botticelli celebrates the spring
c) La Primavera
Which artist is considered the genius of the Italian Renaissance?
b) Leonardo da Vinci
14. What does the painting The Last Supper depict?
d) The moment Jesus says he will be betrayed
15. What statue is placed outside of the Palazzo Vecchio of Florence?
a) Michelangelo’s David
Professor Brown The Early Renaissance