Card Set Information
Chapter 14 –
The Renaissance in the North
1. Which family ruled England from during most of the Renaissance period?
2. Who was the leader of the Reformation in Geneva?
b) John Calvin
3. Which areas of Europe remained faithful to Roman Catholicism?
a) Spain, France, and Italy
4. Which were converted to Protestantism
d) England, Scandinavia, and Switzerland
5. What new political force contributed to the success of the Protestant Reformation?
6. Who was responsible for the important translation of the Bible into German in 1521?
b) Martin Luther
7. How did the doctrine of "universal priesthood" influence public education?
a) It promoted literacy
8. What was the Index of the Roman Catholic Church?
d) It was a list of forbidden books.
What was the most famous hymn written by Luther?
c) A Mighty Fortress is Our God
10. What word did Michel Montaigne use for his written short meditations?
11. Who explained how blood circulates?
c) Sir William Harvey
12. What scientist wrote a complete anatomical treatise?
c) Andreas Vesaliu
13. Who introduced a "heliocentric" view of the universe?
14. What technical advance in painting is seen in Dürer’s work?
d) linear perspective
15. Who painted The Garden of Earthly Delights?