Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
are toxins that attack and disrupt the cellular functions in the human body.
toxin is a cytotoxin that specifically attacks and disrupts the fucntions of blood cells.
toxins are cytotoxins that attack and kill skin cells.
serum containing antibodies formed in response to poisonous substances of biological origin.
is method of medical care performed to mitigate symptoms.
use artificially to maintain/assist functions of critical organs.
- •Deadlier than Nerve Agents
- –Up to 100 times
- •Variable Persistencies
- –Short or long
- •Easy to produce
- –Long term storage
- •Dual use equipment
Bio Toxins Dissemination Methods
- Aircraft Spray
- Missile / Artillery
- Land / Sea based generators
- Covert Operations
Employment Advantages Over Chemical Agents
- •Smaller Payloads Required
- (deadlier than nerve agents)
- •Greater Area Coverage
- (downwind hazard = 150nm)
•Limited Detection Capability
•Little or No Medical Protection
Detection & ID of Bio Agents
- (Joint Biological Point Detection System)
- –Dry Filter Unit and Hand Held Assays
- (DFU) & (HHAs) [new] up to 80 agents
–Clinical sample taken by medical staff
- (Joint Biological Agent Identification and Diagnostic )
- Medical Lab with JBAIDS (ship or shore)
- joint biological agent identification and diagnostic
–Bio Defense Research Directorate (BDRD)
–US Army Research Institute of Infectious diseases (ARIID)
–CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- –Treat symptoms
- –Artificially maintain critical organ functions
–Death is imminent
–If available and identified
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview