Arts Review: People to Remember
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Persian king
- innovation official logo,
- son xerxes
- greek sculpture
- invented way of posing figure- contraposto:one side active other relaxed
- book: canon
attacked by lion, modeled ruleafter epic of gilgamesh
- Athenian general
- king Xerxes invades Greece with 2 million men at island of salamis
Laocooan: Priest of Troy
Priest of Troy
Grand architect of democracy
Pericles encouraged Athens to go to war with
encouraged Athens to go to war with sparta
- moved capitol thebes to amarna
Alexander the great’s dad
Philip of macedon
Who is over the Trojan's Column?
What is a Gyre?
- aristocrat who controls the
- symbol of center not being able to hold any longer
Matthew Arnold’s Dover Beach
- relationship btwnocean currents and fate.
- Sense of determinism.
- Waves advance and recede.
architect of step pyramid in Saqqara
Which greek deity was the Parthenon dedicated
- Kauros: statuary devoted to young men
- Kora: female figure devoted to young women
- points to more realism
female figure that bears the weight of a column
Gobeklitepe predates cities
- predates cities
- Prehistoric worship complex
- inspire architectural revolution
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview