The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What fibers are not anesthetized for LA?
What type of LA technique should be supplemented for pulpitis and inflammation during extractions?
What is the max dose of 2% Lido?
- 5 mg/kg
- 10 cartridges (70 kg/154 lb adult)
- 3 cartridgers (20 kg/ 44 lb child)
Indications for extractions
- caries (MCC)
- pulp necrosis
- perio disease
- pathological lesions
- jaw fractures
- severe uncontrolled metabolic disease: diabetes, end-stage renal, leukemia, CV
- pregnancy: 1st/3rd trimesters
- malignancy-> metastasis
- infection (pericoronitis), acute=OK
Why should extractions be avoided for pts undergoing radiation therapy?
What root features need to be radiographically evaluated for extraction?
- resporption: internal or external
base should be wider or equal to apex
releasing incision guidelines
- Avoid releasing over bony prominences
- Avoid splitting papilla
- Anterior release tends to provide better visualization and access
surgical complication in which a wound ruptures along surgical suture
What type of suture tips used for soft tissue?
tapered vs cutting
what stitch technique has more exact approximation?
interrrupted vs running
advantages of running stich?
advantage of double stitch?
- parallel: horizontal mattress
- perpendicular: (vertical mattress) to the wound edge. Chief advantage of this technique is strength of closure; each stitch penetrates each side of the wound twice, and is inserted deep into the tissue
dead space management
- Proper suturing
- Pressure dressings