explain How brain lesions, animal experiments, and fMRI explain the function of specific brain regions (1 ex of each)
- fMRI (functional magnetic resonance imaging) shows areas of the brain which have increased blood flow.
- strong magnet measures number hydrogen atoms absorb then emit EM energy, diff types of tissue send diff signals
- Increased red blood cell oygenation = (BOLD) contrast, is associated with increased neurone activity
- trans into 3d images tt record regions o brain most active
- presented with a stimulus the fMRI is taken and the region of the brain with increased blood flow is linked to with the processing
- e.g. language thinking, find parts assoc with