Mktg 101 Ch 16 & 17
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
communication by marketers that informs, persuades, and reminds potential buyers of a product in order to influence an opinion or elicit a response.
listen to what customers need or the feedback after using the product. Satisfied. Part of the promotion. Advertising is the marketer speaks to the consumer.
The process by which we exchange or share meaning through a commen set of symbols.
- 2 major categories:
- Interpersonal communication: is direct, face to face communication between two or more people. EX: Salesperson speaking directly with a client.
- Mass Communication: involves communication a concept or message to large audiences. A great deal of marketing communication is directed to consumers as a whole, usually through a mass medium such as television and newspapers. Marketer must wait to see customer reactions.
Advertising (long term):
- a plan for the optimal use of the elements of promotion: advertising, public relations, personal selling, sales promotion, and social media.
- Intregal in reaching the target market.
Sales Promotions (short term):
Coupons, rebates, discounts, in-store displays, price cuts. incentive.
Coupon vs. Discount:
$1 off sales price. Is there any reason to do one over the other? Coupon is not available to everyone. The coupon does a good job to figure out who is a price sensative customer.
one more unique aspects of an organization that cause target consumers to patronize that firm rather than competition.
- High Product quality
- Rapid Delivery
- Low Prices
- Excellent Service
- Unique Features
Store trading area
A circle around a store like safeway. It is important to distribute coupons around areas where people will shop.
the originator of the message in the communication process
the conversion of a sender's ideas and thoughts into a message, usually in the form of words or signs
a medium of communication - such as a voice, radio, or newspaper for transmitting a mesage
anything that interferes with, distorts, or slows down the transmission of information
the persion who decodes a message
These marketers target the through the channel to customers who will decode it.
Interpretation of the language and symbols sent by the source through a channel.
- can be cluttered in newspapers where noise level is high, reception is low.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview