The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 6 types of cells found in olfactyory epithelium
- I) Ciliated bipolar receptor cells:
- II) Microvillar cells:
- III) Sustentacular cells: insulate bipolar cells
- IV) Lining epithelium of Bowman’s glands & ducts
- V) Horizontal (dark) basal cells
- VI) Globose (light) basal cells
4 types of nasal epithelium?
- 1. Pseudostratified ciliated columnar
- 2. Pseudostratified non-ciliated columnar
- 3. Goblet cells
- 4. Basal cells
- (Nasal vestibule: stratified squamous epithelium)
What factors are present in nasal secretions to fight infections?
- 1. IgA
- 2. IgG
- 3. Interferon
- 4. Lysozymes
- 5. Lactoferon
5 foramen of the maxilla
- Infraorbital foramen
- Greater palatine foramen
- Lesser palatine foramen
- Incisive foramina
- Maxillary ostium
Derivatives of the ethmoturbinals?
- 1. First: ascending portion = agger nasi
- 2. First: descending portion = uncinate
- 3. Second: middle turbinate
- 4. Fourth and fifth: superior turbinate
- 5. Maxilloturbinal: inferior turbinate
4 lamella of paranasal sinuses?
- 1. Uncinate
- 2. Ethmoid bulla
- 3. Basal lamella of MT
- 4. Basal lamella of ST
Types of pneumatization of sphenoid sinus?
- 1. Sellar (86%)
- 2. Presellar (11%)
- 3. Conchal (3%)