The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The image and “feelings” associated with the brand
Define your Brand Personality
After reviewing your mission, vision, promise and promise statements, write a one sentence Brand Personality statement.
Think of ways to describe your personality such as fun, sophisticated, sexy, practical etc.
5 things The Brand Identity Statement should Include:
- 1. offering, primary benefits
- 2. target market
- 3. your position relative to you rcompetition
- 4. business promise
- 5. Brand Personality Statement
Types of Names
Owners Name(s)- Rarely develop into strong brands without significant marketing $’s. Celebrity names are an exception to this rule
abbreviation names (ie: IBM, AOL)- Exudes no personality and/or benefit. Require significant marketing $’s to establish
Geographically Anchored- Conveys the benefit of being “local. Often blur into other names with the same geographic handle.
Borrowed Interest & Fabricated Names- ( Apple, Starbucks, Google, Microsoft)-
Are very unique & easy to recall. Require lots of marketing $’s to establish.
Descriptive NamesConvey the nature of the brands offeringsand/or business promise
6 characteristics The Best Names…..
- Reflect your chosen brand personality
- Are descriptive of your offering
- Create an association to the meaning of yourbrand
- Are easy to say & spell
- Are unique & memorable
Key Concept: Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC)
Coordination of promotional efforts for maximum consistency, branding, & persuasive impact.
Your IMC starts with your logo. The logo and colors you select will be a part of your advertising & packaging years to come.
Logo Colors Should….
- Reflect your brand personality
- Differ from your major competitors
- Use a maximum of three colors
- Also look good in black & white
What is a Tagline?
A phrase that accompanies your brand nameto quickly translate your positioning & identitystatements to consumers
Three Core Branding Elements
1. Reputation Management- Working to in sure that customers have positive experiences &spread good word-of mouth. (Includes good customer service, warranties, public relations, etc.)
2. Positioning - Seeing that your brand is properly positioned in the consumers mind relative to the competition (better, faster,cheaper, or different)
3. Face of the Brand – The name, logo, tagline,advertising, website, etc.