The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the characteristics of suspicious nipple discharge?
- Spontaneous clear or bloody from a single duct
What are the US periareolar ddx?
- Duct ectasia
- Intraductal mass
What do you do if you have a palpable symptom but no imaging correlate?
- Always defer to treating clnician
- "Correlate clinically and aspirate if suspicious"
- "Nearly 4% of women with breast CA who present with a palpable lump with have normal or benign findings on BOTH mammography and ultrasound"
Snow storm appearance, intra- or extracapsular rupture?
Step-ladder appearance, intra- or extracapsular rupture?
Linguini sign, intra- or extracapsular rupture?
- Intracapsular rupture (us)
- Fallen envelope sign
What are the malignant features of lymph nodes?
- Cortical thickening (diffuse, globular, irregular)
- Increased peripheral flow (vs normal hilar flow)
- Abnormal LN next to a normal one
- Spiculated margins